Monday 7 October 2013

Day 15 : Using Photoshop




This photo was taken by me in A level Media Studies. I wanted
to have practice using Photoshop so I decided to use my photo as a template.
In relation to mise en scene, camera shots and angles the photos I've edited so far, have no link to the
conventions I've analyzed in Horror posters however I'm
just using these photos so I can practice. 

I added the basic text in which should be presented on a Horror movie poster.
Then I added a red tint to make it more scary.

I used a Horror movie poster as inspiration, as I liked the effect
of scratches they portrayed. I used a thin brush to create scratches like the poster.

The effect of scratches wern't as strong as I had hoped, so I got a
photo of sctraches and put it in a seperate later. I then changed
the properties to the photo until it looked how I had hoped.
Here is the Horror movie poster in which I gained inspiration from

Here's the scratch effect I got off Google. Testing photoshop with
different effects, enables me to see what my strengths and weaknesses
are in Photoshop. In the future I plan to trial different effects so that I can become
even stronger at Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment