Sunday 22 September 2013

Day 5 part 2 : Analyzing more Horror Trailers

Here's a table created using tablegenerator.com. I have analyzed the similarities and differences of Godzilla, Halloween and Candyman trailers. Previously I analyzed Korean horror trailers but they have different conventions to mainstream trailers so I picked iconic trailers and deconstructed them.





















Godzilla trailer (1954)


Halloween (1978)


Candyman (1992)

Below I also identified the key camerawork, mise en scene, editing and sound which stood out to me while watching the trailers. Analyzing and identifying aspects of horror movies will allow me to find a pattern in unconventional aspects and conventional aspects, which I can possibly use as inspiration when creating my own trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment