Wednesday 18 September 2013

Day 4 : Deconstructing Horror movie trailers


Here's a video I made deconstructing 2 horror movie trailers. These trailers are in some ways different, however in terms of editing they both illustrate the same techniques which shows a general convention of horror movie trailers. Although they are similar in this aspect it doesn't mean that they all follow this particular convention in regards to editing. Analyzing these trailers will help me find conventional and unconventional aspects of horrors so I can gain influences when creating my horror trailer and magazine.

I analyzed Asian horror movies e.g Korean and Japanese because mainstream movies often have an influence, similar to the influence of eastern europe. For example there has been American adaptions of Japanese movies such as The Grudge, One Missed Call, The Uninvited and The Ring. So I thought it would be interesting to analyze these horror trailers in particular. I analyzed these trailers however I plan to analyze mainstream trailers and compare them.

The Doll Master Trailer




The Wishing Stairs Trailer





No comments:

Post a Comment